Option 1 We suggest a small decorative plant printed in 3D to liven up that special day.
It is made of simple printed parts which are easy to put together:
Option 2 A heart with hinge opening which you can use as a little box, pendant or locket and is printed as a single unit:
You can also keep little objects inside it, such as a note, a ring, a gem or photo… Your imagination (and the size) are the only limits!
- The first step is selecting which colour filament to use.
For best results, follow these printing tips:
- Decrease the printing temperature. We have used PLA filament in our example, so we have decreased the usual temperature from 210ºC to 200ºC.
- Increase the retraction distance to reduce any loose threads on the final piece.
-No additional supports are required. There is a small support inside the heart which is removed after printing.
- If you want a higher print quality, select 0.1 mm layer height and, to increase resistance of the walls, set it at 1.2 mm thickness.
- You can print with 0% fill density.
You also have the option to shrink the piece to approximately 85% of its normal size. Any more than that and the hinge would be joined and you wouldn´t be able to open the heart.
Have fun with your romantic 3D printing!